How to Fax From Office 365
Monday, June 08, 2020
Office 365 is one of the most widely-used productivity suites in the world, and for those who use it regularly throughout their workday, learning how to fax from Microsoft Office 365 can be very helpful.
Fortunately, faxing from Office 365 is easy with the help of an online faxing service. These services are intuitive, cost-effective, and efficient — allowing you to send faxes straight from Office from anywhere.
Follow these steps to learn how to easily fax from Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) without having to invest in any expensive equipment or supplies.
Send and receive faxes in minutes.
Table of Contents
- Can You Fax From Office 365?
- How to Fax From Office 365
- eFax Features
Can You Fax From Office 365?
Yes, online faxing services make it easy to quickly send faxes directly from Office programs without requiring you to purchase expensive equipment, pay for installation and maintenance, or pay for supplies on an ongoing basis.
Benefits of Online Faxing Services
Why choose an online faxing service over traditional faxing hardware?
Online fax services like eFax offer a number of great benefits, including:
- Flexibility: Online fax services are compatible with a variety of electronic devices and productivity programs, making it easier to send and receive faxes at your convenience.
- Cost Savings: Installation, maintenance, and monthly supplies can be quite costly in the long run. Online fax services are available for a cheap monthly subscription that can save your business money over time.
- Secure Storage: Online fax software allows you to securely store and access all of your important documents.
- Cloud storage compatibility: Fax services allow you to access documents from a variety of popular cloud storage platforms, making it easier to stay organized and send important documents from anywhere.
These benefits, among others, make online faxing services the perfect choice for those searching for an effective way to easily fax from Office 365.
How to Fax From Office 365
eFax offers two incredibly simple ways to fax from Office 365, either via eFax Messenger or by email.
Once you sign up for an eFax account, follow the steps below to send a fax from any Office program.
First, you can use eFax Messenger, a Windows desktop fax program, to quickly send a fax directly from an Office 365 program. eFax Messenger saves you time by letting you view, annotate, sign, and send your faxes online, without having to print or scan them.
To begin, you’ll need to download the eFax Messenger software on your computer. Then, simply print a document to Messenger via the print driver by following these steps:
- Open a document from an Office 365 program.
- In the File menu, select Print.
- Select eFax Messenger as the printer in the Print dialogue box.
- Click OK or Print. The file should now appear in the eFax Messenger window.
Next, follow these steps to send your fax:
- Enter the recipient’s information using one of the following two methods:
- Type the recipient's fax number in the To field. You can enter multiple recipients if necessary.
- Or choose contacts from your eFax Messenger Address Book by beginning to type their name.
- Enter the Subject of the fax and an Attention name.
- If you need to add another page, click the Add New Page (+) button in the sidebar and choose the type of page to add. There are three options for creating new fax pages:
- Blank Page - Adds a blank page to the fax.
- Cover Page - Adds a preformatted cover page to the fax.
- Import File - Adds an image or PDF file as a fax page.
- To add other types of documents, click "Attach file" and select the file to upload.
- Once the fax is complete, click Send Fax to send.
Be it Word, PowerPoint, or Excel, these steps will help you fax a document from any program in the Office 365 Suite. You can also use this method to fax from any other Windows program! Just print to fax with the eFax Messenger print driver.
Fax From Outlook 365
Alternatively, if you need to send a fax from an Outlook email account, eFax makes it easy to do that as well.
Just follow these steps:
- Create a new email message.
- Enter the recipient's fax number followed by @efaxsend.com in the To field.
- For example, to send to the fax number +1 222-333-4444, enter firstname.lastname@example.org. To send faxes internationally, include the complete destination fax number with country code.
- Attach up to 10 files/documents.
- To add a cover page, type the text in the body of the email message or choose from a collection of cover page templates.
- Hit Send.
Once you hit send, eFax will convert it into a fax and deliver it to the intended recipient.
When looking for an online faxing service, it’s important to find one that includes the features you need to send, receive, and edit faxes from any location.
eFax offers a number of advantages that put it above competing online faxing services, including:
- Toll-free fax number: eFax offers toll-free fax numbers that can help give your business an national presence, expand out of your local service area, and allow customers to contact you for free from anywhere.
- Local fax numbers: eFax also provides local fax numbers to make it easier to appeal to local customers who prefer to deal with reliable businesses that contribute to the community.
- eSign capabilities: Once you receive a fax, you should be able to immediately sign and return it right from your mobile device without having to print any documents. This allows you to close deals faster, save time, and improve responsiveness.
- Unlimited Storage: Securely store your faxes online for the life of your account, and retrieve them easily anytime from your eFax online portal.
- Mobile Access: eFax offers a free fax app that allows you to receive, sign, and send faxes right from your smartphone or tablet.
- Large File Sharing: Share files that are too large to email, such as presentations, high-res images, and videos, with up to 20 recipients at once.
Not only do these features make it easy to fax with Microsoft Office 365, but they also make eFax the ideal alternative to traditional faxing solutions.
Whether you prefer to use eFax Messenger to send faxes from any electronic device or you’d rather use your Outlook account to fax by email, there are a variety of intuitive and convenient ways to fax from Microsoft Office.
By signing up for an online fax service like eFax, you can take advantage of these helpful faxing methods to boost productivity, cut costs, and enjoy a more effective alternative to traditional faxing equipment. If you're looking for other ways to improve your business beyond faxing, be sure to check out these top small business blogs.To see for yourself why eFax is the best Office 365 fax solution available, sign up today!